We operate shell and auger drilling services
Upon arrival we meet with the client to establish to establish that we are on the correct site.
We will then:
- Visusally inspect each borehole position for underground/ overhead services, after avoiding obvious trench/manhole runs, CAT scan for services.
- With the assistant acting as banksman, the drilling rig will be towed or reversed into position.
- Unload, using two people, the drilling tools and lay on floor beside rig.
- Raise drilling rig, attach spreader bar and leg stays.
- Clean all tools, place in position ready for use.
- If required, hand dig to a maximum depth of 1.2metres to check for services.
- Commence drilling by careful raising and dropping of the drilling tools, taking samples and tests as required.
- At no time will the drilling tools be suspended in the air whilst work is carried out underneath them.
- When the tools are raised and lowered, the assistant will guide them in a safe manner.
- once the required depth has been reached, contact will be made with the client to confirm this depth is correct, any pipe installation and backfill details will be recorded.
- Temporary casing will be withdrawn and carefully laid out on the floor, any installation requirements will be carried out at the same time.
- Top of borehole will be concreted or compacted as required.
- The rig will be dismantled, lowered carefully with two people, loaded, either removed from the site or moved to the next borehole position and steps 1) to 13) carried out.